Saturday, September 11, 2010

Lab 1a

Source: Yahoo Maps                                 This map of Antarctica  displays the names of each area and the shape of the continent. One aspect that i find fascinating about Antarctica is that is contains a large number of land ice. I am also concerned about the depleting ice-shelves that have been cutting off and melting into the water. One of my wishes is to visit the continent of Antarctica and see what kind of environment it consists of, if any at all. I would like to see if I would be able to survive one week in the south pole. .                                                    
  
           
Source: Yahoo Maps
 This image of  Australia contains the territories and the surrounding bodies of water. One thing I always hear from people that have visited Australia is how nice the people are. I love a country, especially an entire continent, that has natives that welcome outsiders with open arms. One other thing that I have heard is besides the people that live there, there is lots to see. One other aspect about the continent is the shape of it that appeals to me. If the image is viewed upside down, it appear to me like a dog that is howling up in the air.




Source: Yahoo Maps
 This image of the Canary Islands is one beautiful piece of art work. Not only does it contain the seven islands of the Canaries, but it has enough labeled inside each island that is of any significance. Besides Tenerife being the island of my eventual escape, the life and beauty of the island is breath-taking. The people are friendly and caring the island is a site to see. There is always something going on. The look of the Island of Tenerife appears to be of a sea horse, another aspect that I find appealing.


No comments:

Post a Comment